.jpg)
She was a born on July 28th 2010 @ 10:09 pm via C section at St Jude, Fullerton.
She is 7 lbs. and 13 oz and is 21 inches long.
We are so excited and she is so wonderful...I have been cuddling her in the hospital since she came- I can hardly let her go! She is eating so well, and sleeping fine too. Kate is very funny...she has her little sympathetic cries for Savannah (she cries when other kids or babies cry or when she sees someone get hurt).
But all in all, she has decided she might be okay with having her around (sometimes), we'll see!
For those of you who have been asking, here are the birth details-
I went into "early labor" Monday night and Wednesday at my doctors appt. had dilated to 3cm. The doc said I was ready! I was going to have a baby! Except for one small problem....I was in denial...is this really it? This is what it feels like (I was having very heavy contractions but not at regular intervals for nearly 48 hours at this point). I am so "by the book"...what a dork.
So, I went home, I thought I had a bit of time. That wasn't the best idea... (very strong contractions that were unbearable) so I went back to the hospital after getting Kate to nap and explaining care instructions to Ruth (Thanks Ruth!!)
At the hospital things progressed well, until I stopped dilating, Savannah's heart rate dropping and I got the news I feared most. I wasn't able to deliver naturally- they needed to take her, because her cord was wrapped around her stomach and neck (we found out later).
Cesarean went well (much better than last time) and I was awake when she came to us and she nursed so well right away. It has been another interesting learning experience that life is not in our control and when I finally decided to "let go" of what I wanted and just give it to the Lord, things went a lot better for me.
All that to say, she is here, happy and healthy and we are feeling very blessed!!.jpg)
.jpg)
Thanks for reading this and there will be more pics on our website soon!
9 comments:
hahaha!!! yay! I knew there would be a post with more pictures! What a beautiful story and wonderful testament to God knowing best. I love you Savannah! And I love the pics of her with big sis Kate! We can't wait to meet you. Your Tennessee Auntie and Uncle,
~Keith & Shelley
She's adorable! Can't wait to meet her.
Congratualations Abby on the arrival of your little sweetness!
Joyce
congrats on a healthy baby and beautiful family! We are so happy for you guys!
Praise the Lord! He is so faithful! She is beautiful!
Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!
Oh the sweet joy of a brand new baby. I just love the fuzzy, bendy, squeakiness of newborns. There's nothing like rubbing your face on their little heads and hearing all the little noises they make. Can't wait to meet her and see Kate and all she is doing these days. So glad to hear things went better this time around. You'll have this c-section business down pat for the next one. HaHaHa. You are truly blessed with two precious daughters. Love, Katrina and family
Congratulations again! Jane and I are going to miss our playdates so much! We drove by your apartment on the way home tonight and she said "Kake" and made the more sign. :) Savannah is beautiful and I'm sure you are going to love every minute with her. So glad I got to meet her today!
Congratulations. We've been without internet and continue to be, but I'm glad I found a McDonald's in London to be able to find out the news. :c) We will chat soon.
love you guys and sending hugs and kisses for the little girls.
love always
claudia
Post a Comment