Sunday, January 30

A fun week...

...with lots of new firsts...

This week was the first time- I caught the girls playing together (without me around to facilitate),

Savannah tried some rice cereal and peas... (looks like she's going to be an eating machine- ...already is!),

Kate received an easel, and learned how to read the first couple of letters from the alphabet (through A- H. I mean, it's one thing to sing the song, but to READ them!!! ah, I am so excited!),

Kate went to the big kids class at church (they found her in the little restroom sitting across from another kid and they said, "Kate what are you doing?" She said simply, "I'm watching him go poo poo" totally logical to her.....),

Kate has gone potty all week!! (for a small fee of blue gum of course).

Here's a sneak peek into our lives this week...

There have been some really comical moments this week too...for instance, we were on Biola's campus passing the tennis courts. We asked her what you play tennis with and she said, " a coat rack"- she got the rack part but we just had to explain it was a racket. Pretty close!

Later, Michael and I were playing volleyball while she played in the sand and she looked up and said, "Hey Guys, are you done?" It's so strange/fun to have a big (little) girl who "hangs out" with us....

We were kissing in the kitchen and she came in, apparently feeling a bit left out. She said in a demanding voice..."I need a huck (hug) and a kiss, too. We each grabbed an arm and pulled her up for one of our favorite "group hugs" and she said (for the first time) "UMMM!~ I love my mommy, I love my daddy!" ....followed by two kisses. Gosh! I love this kid. Goodness, I mean.

Then today, I was laying on my stomach on the bed talking to Michael while he was putting something in the closet and before I knew it, I felt a warm little body beside me. She had propped her little self right on her tummy just like me and put her hands under her chin. I looked over at her, full of joy, just discovering who she is becoming...

If you are still reading...you must be a grammy, an crazed auntie... or a really good friend. I could talk about these little sweeties all day...and heck, I think I will, it's my blog.

*wink!

6 comments:

The Dunns said...

Good to know I'm a really good friend for reading your blog :c)
The girls sound like they're getting so big, and doing so many cute things. Wish we could be closer. Love you guys :c)

Heather Mather said...

I love the videos! I can't believe how Kate likes to act like you. She sure loves the camera ;) SJ is so sweet. Keep 'em comin'!

Shelley said...

Oh man that video was the BEST. It's the regular everyday stuff I like to see, too. You guys are just so cute! Thanks for putting so much work into that Ab. Your high-tech-edness astounds me!
Love from TN,
Crazed Auntie Shelley

Ruth said...

I never get tired of reading your posts of those sweet little girls!

Unknown said...

...and you keep right on; LOVE IT!!

HomespunHeidi said...

How darn cute are you and your little pack of lovelies? I would comment something on Michael's loveliness too; but I think in general, that it is frowned upon to do so. Miss your face miss and wish I was there to watch Kate graduate and SJ come into her own. So glad that I can read about it and continue to pray from here.
Blessings to you my friend!