"Hold me mom, I am sick!"
We've been a bit under the weather...Each week, when we go to church and put the kids in the nursery, the following Tuesday they come down with a cold!! It is sometimes easy to get discouraged- at times you feel cut off from the rest of the world! We miss church, and the fellowship that church brings.
I read a very encouraging blog from another mom about this. So, for all my young mom friends click here.
http://theeastmanchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/04/one-of-our-best-friends.html
Here's a funny little happening I had to share:
Freshly diapered from their baths I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water, and I was thinking to myself, " how nice, the girls are playing together in their room so quietly." That thought turned into..."man, they are really quiet." To...."GIRLSSS!!!"
This is what I found.
What is that white stuff you ask?
That, my friends, is Desitin. (To all my friends without children....that's) DIAPER CREAM and it ain't called 'cream' for no reason. It is an oily mess under water...so, bathtime number 2 took a bit longer.
You can't really tell from the pictures, but Kate had laid it on thick. She used like half a bottle of the desitin on Savannah. She looked like the Austrailan aboriginals we visited in Australia!
And the funniest part, Savannah was standing there, very still, letting her do it! She is so cute. Wanting to take part in everything sister does. Kate has even started telling us what Savannah is trying to say.
And, last night before bed, Kate said, "Mommy, tell me a verse."
So, while praying for a verse to give her on the spot, I remembered the one I am memorizing. Remain in me and you will bear much fruit. So I recited it to her.
She looked at me and said, "yeah, fruit cocktail!"
5 comments:
HOOT HOOT!!! Love the Clarkie everyday events....how sweet!!! And the pictures are priceless....way to go camera Mom! Love you, Grammy
Thank you so much for your sweet, encouraging note. I love your blog. This is hilarious. You will be smelling diaper cream forever.
We moved to TN at the end of June 2010- so we're coming up to a year now. I am very curious to see the other way around too! I've thought about posting the differences in the two places, etc. but I don't know if anyone who hasn't experienced both would "get it" and I might end up offending both :0)
I couldn't see anywhere to e-mail you.
Send me your e-mail address if you want to kelsi@blestmommy.com.
I Look forward to corresponding!
Kelsi
I love it that the Clarks are back! I have a really great Desitin story too. It involves an almost 3 year old, a tube of desitin, and every toy owned with a hole in it. A very messy tragedy followed with some weeping and gnashing of teeth. Mostly by the adults! Love you guys and those sweet little faces!
Abby, I have been busy but I caught up on your blog this afternoon. I really hope we can see each other next week! We miss you girls! :) At least Savannah won't have diaper rash anywhere!
Abby, my heart just twinkles and smiles every time I read what the Happy Clarks are doing. :) It is such a blessing to see how you are delighting in your marriage and kiddos. I know it isn’t always easy and I appreciate that you are honest about the reality of life, however, you give me a glimpse of the blessings to look forward to! Thanks for the example!
Post a Comment