for my little lost sheep
So it really happned to me, here is my story.
I was tending to SJ in the room and realized after a couple of minutes I hadn't heard any "Kate noises" for awhile. I laid Savannah down (for the 8th time hoping she would magically stop crying) and went to look for my little pigtails. I came into the living room...
The front door stood open.
She had gone out before.
"Kate, honey. Where are you?" Scanning the room...it ain't that big around here.
"Kate?!" Where could she be? There is a road out front...
"KATE!!!" This time yelling, frantically searching each space as my brain begins ponder the possibilities.
"KATE!!!!!!!!!!!" Screaming and bolting towards the street, hysterical. Tears sling to the left and right as my eyes scan the road, no pig tails, no cute little blonde wondering near her favorite flowers either.
"KATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh Lord, help me find her!" I see a man, he sees my face and sprints into action. "Please help me! I can't find her, my baby!! Kate! Please Jesus, where is she??"
I run to the carport where our car is... nothing. I am numb, my whole body is flying through the air, over bushes screaming, back out to the front of the building. Where is she??
There, she steps into the sunlight inside the screen door, inside our home, right where she should be. I fling open the door, grab her little body and melt onto the floor in a puddle of tears, weeping. The man leaves. I am exhausted as billions of energy cells were just expended in a matter of a few moments in time. I just sit there holding her- (a very confused little toddler) and try to regroup before standing.
That's my story. I still don't know where she was. All of the sudden, my perspective was changed and all the problems I am facing seemed a bit smaller.
But, if you think of us...pray for little Savannah, she doesn't quite feel that great, and we are trying all we can to help her...meanwhile feeling a bit helpless ourselves. She has good days and bad days still. Only the Lord can heal her little body.
and I put more pics up today...
5 comments:
Been there and have the T-shirt for the absolutely worst feeling in the world...SKL was gone...in the mall! Kidnapped I was sure! I lost all cares for who thought what of me, in my desperate, frantic, maniacal search for my baby. Fortunately, of course, she was fine, a few stores down, just innocently wandering along. SO NOT a fun feeling. Sorry you had to go thru that honey; I hope it never happens again. You hang in there with little darling Savannah...last night Loie told me I cried for the first 4 months with her. I didn't remember that story, but she said it was colic. I'm lifting you up... LOVE MOM
oh my goodness! so scary! i'm so glad kate is ok. i will be praying for your family and for Savannah. my nephew has been sick since the day he was born and i completely understand the toll it takes on the family. hang in there!
Oh Abby,
I remember when my sweet Oldest Daughter (now new mommy)thought it was fun to 'hide' in the car in the garage. She was about 5 years old at the time and I had a toddler and a baby! Oh the prayers of a mom.
Praying for you Abby and that this time with Savannah will be undergirded by God's abundant, tender grace.
Joyce
I'm so glad she was in the house! How scary Abby! I hope Savannah gets through this period soon. A side note, Kate looks HUGE next to Savannah! I keep saying to Nathan, "look how big Kate has gotten in the last month!" but I think it's just the difference between the girls that makes her look that way. :)
Aww Abby I'm sorry. I can't imagine what that was like. That is why I LOVE Mom's post, because she totally understands. We miss you and think of you often. And we'll keep praying for Savannah's discomfort and for the big transition of #4. Your little sis...
Post a Comment