Saturday, December 18

December part 2



Savannah is becoming more and more aware of her surroundings each day. She gets really excited when I sign "Milk" to her and I think she is really getting it already! She seems two times the baby as Kate, so big and sturdy. You will see in the video she watches every move Kate makes! I just love to look at her face.


Well, here is a second upload of December pictures- We have been having quite a time!

Kate and I have made so many batches of candy- I'm afraid someone might start judging my mothering skills, but hey, the girl has to learn from someone right?

In the pics you will see- we made some homemade wreaths as gifts for neighbors (that was a fun craft that I really enjoyed!), we went to Disney again (our last time, sigh... our passes ran out) and then with some friends to look at lights in the neighborhood that we go to every year. This year, Savannah was in the wrap in Michael's jacket, the same wrap that Kate was in 2 years ago! While there, we ran into some more friends from church. Total, we had 3 double strollers and 7 kids!

Click on photo to view entire album...











And with all that fun stuff posted, I have alot of writing I could do since Michael has taken Kate to the doctor tonight and I am home with a sleeping infant.

This stage in childhood development with Kate is really for those who like surprises and who can adjust to constantly changing circumstances. Kate is really trying to communicate her feelings and thoughts in the same way that we relate to her. We find ourselves turning our heads away to laugh at her earnest remarks as she tries to get her point across.

So, she says things like..."Mom, did you say no?" (Because that's what I ask her!) Or, today she told Savannah, "No Safanna! Don't chew dat. Children obey parents in the Lord for right." Today she told me that Baby Jesus was in the manger, and then she said, "there's a baby in here, in my tummy, my sweet baby sister" - and that's a direct quote!

She got her lunchbox and walked to the door and said, "going to lunch, be right back." Fully intending to leave, which she has done before when I wasn't listening with my head and mindlessly agreeing. (like every mother does at some point!)

And, there there are just some really really bad days for sure. (THIS IS FOR YOU C. H. D.!!) Mostly on Mondays when the kids must adjust to having the attention of just ONE adult again (not both parents) and neither of them really want to. We have determined not to call this stage the "terrible twos" and to enjoy every moment...
and that is a good thing, cause if we hadn't decided that I may be tempted sometimes to wonder if I were going to make it through these days. At times, I feel "beaten" at my own game, completely in awe and disbelief that I have no words to combat the blossoming mind that is exponentially developing in front of my face. I know what you are thinking..."Abby has no words? It's a miracle."

Today she bit Savannah's finger (practically off) and we are still in disagreement as to why this happened...needless to say, it was unforgettable for Kate. This past Monday, I came into the room and she was STANDING on the coffee table with a rod in her hand beating the manger scene. Who is this child? I don't know her!!! What is she thinking???

She doesn't cease to amaze me with her comprehension of things... the other day she asked if she could chew gum and because we really think she could, we let her. We watched her for awhile and she was doing pretty good. Oh, I got busy and forgot about it. Awhile later I noticed her chewing on something and of course, because I lost my brain with the 2 pregnancies, I asked her what she was chewing. It was the gum! What?? How could I have forgotten about it, and how is she still chewing it???

Ok, sorry to bore you with the cute stories of my kiddo- if u are a mom you have plenty like them. I am just enjoying the Christmas lights and music and recounting all the fun memories we are making as a family...thanks for reading.


I hope you and your family are found blessed and in God's care. He will never let the righteous be forsaken.



3 comments:

The Dunns said...

Okay I absolutely love it when Kate blows in Savannah's face and her eyes get as big as saucers...it was hilarious. They are just too cute. Looks like you had a great time at Disney...we too have a pass thing here for some of the sights in London...we will be sad when that expires since Levi loves to go visit the aquariums (they have some all over the country that we can go to). The sharks are his favourite and he'll tell the shark "Shark, brush teeth" or "Hello, Sharks" It's too cute.
The Christmas wreaths were beautiful...great job.

Emmyshell said...

Love all your pictures! The girls are beautiful.

tgrammy said...

ABBY I never tire of the videos and all the wonderful pics....but I couldn't!! I am the Grand Mother!! They are Grand Children and I gobble up every thing you send. Do you want me to quit writing this every time you post? Ha Ha! LOVE MOM I have to tell you I just laugh and laugh as I enjoy it over and over!