Monday, May 23

Can't we all...

....just live in hominy?

Those are the words of my hilarious brother.

Against my better judgement, Carson wanted to buy a 6lb 9 oz can of hominy at Walmart and eat it for dinner. (That's heavier than my friend's 3 week old baby!!) "We'll eat it all, he said." I love youthful wisdom.

We found a surprisingly yummy recipe we online and concocted a cheesy spicy casserole. But of course, I got my largest tupperware bowl and lid and stored the other 5 lbs in the fridge- for breakfast?


We are having a wonderful time with Carson. The kids love to spend time with their Uncle. Pics of our first weekend together can be found here.


The girls were playing on the bed again tonight (one of their favorite places to play since we put our matress on the floor- our bed frame broke in the move). And I love it when Savannah tries to overtake Kate- it's fun, they both laugh hysterically. That makes 3 of us!





Then, tonight, Carson and Michael went to pick up a bike Carson found online today. It was a near death experience. The neighborhood was shady and against Michael's better judgement, he drove on. When they got to the house, they were nearly mauled to death by a great dane and a 260 lb man was less than helpful. Welcome to California, Carson! Needless to say, they came home empty "handled".

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ABBY!!! Thanks for the post! It was very punny - you must have been haning out with CJ. I've been wondering what yall were up to. The 2 of you there without me - oh the pain and misery! JK. Keep em comin. These are great stories. AND look at Fannah on her feet!!! Love you ALL,
~Auntie Shelley

HomespunHeidi said...

Loved meeting your brother; loved hearing about how God is moving in your heart, loved seeing your face and being "attacked hugged" by one of my very favoriteist people. So glad that your brother is here for the summer; it might just take that long to eat all the hominy!

Beth Rhea said...

Bahaha!! I love this post! And those pictures are SO sweet Abby!! I miss you guys! As Auntie Shelley said, keep em comin sister!! I love you all!!