Icecream Icecream Icecream! Right now it's

that really tickles my fancy.
Alot of folks have been asking how I'm feeling (as is normal with pregnancy) and I am so happy to report, that I am flyin' high! My back is great, feeling better now than in the beginning, so that is a miracle. Maybe it's the icecream.
The other day I was walking home from work and I looked over as the sun cast my shadow on the ground beside me. This is my self portrait of what I saw.

That, my friends, is a pregnant lady. Wow. It just sort of made me laugh to see my shadow...
We are having such a nice summer. This weekend the beach was just beautiful.
Yesterday we attended our first class in a series of classes that we are taking through the hospital. Last night, we began with the Newborn Baby Care class. It was hilarious!
We learned SO much!
We was so excited to go and when we got there we were given a newborn baby trivia sheet of 20 questions. We only got 9 right...so needless to say, we were glad we went.
First, choose your baby...so this is Michael and "Kate"After a little lecture on various helpful topics...we got to get down and dirty...or clean I should say.
Time to bathe the baby...
We were cracking up the whole time at how much we DIDN'T know! We learned alot about bathing... sponge bathe so you don't get the ambilical cord wet, and no full bath until it falls off..
You had to make it as realistic as possible. See? Handling baby "Kate" with such care.Next, dry, dress, and diaper her..
Can you feel the love?
Good job honey!!
And now off to learn how to swaddle... we learned 2 different ways.
This face surely says it all! 2 hours of baby doll playing was enough for dear old dad...but he really did love it. We both learned so much and can't wait to get to our next class next week!Boy, this is going to be quite an adventure... it already is!

3 comments:
Abby! I can't even express how wonderful your blogsite is! Of course I have read every word, and am loving all the pregnancy pics, and Michael's squinched up faces!! I am so thrilled for you guys to have those classes, to acquaint you with baby care. How fortunate you are, as we did not have anything like that available when you were born!! But thank heaven for your father! I hope you remember April, one of the daycare workers....she now has 4 girls. Rusty was playing hide and seek with them at Ingles last week! They were squealing and laughing...April said, "I know someone who has Papawitis real bad" and I believe she hit the nail on the head!! LOVE MOM
You two are so cute and hilarious! I like to look at your blog and see how pregnancy can be for other people. I'm with you on the ice cream. I ate it pritty much the entire time with both kids! I'll keep checking in, good luck with everything! Shayna
I absolutely love the parent training pics. What a cool class :) You can tell Michael that he gets at least 10 husband points for enduring for 2 hours. I'm not sure Matthew would have lasted that long :) Nice job, bud!
-Tracy-
Post a Comment