
Today at work was our final day of Office Olympics, we had so much fun!There We found out in the past 2 weeks who in our office is competitive and who were spectators only! Michael is wanting to start a bocce ball tournament with our offices in a few weeks...so that should be fun. Community is a great establishment of God.
I took a picture of the tree I love, called the Flaming Red Coral tree. It goes through 4 dramatically different stages, and right now it just so happens to be in the "green, full of leaves" stage. I always said I was going to get it in all of it's stages because it's so amazing to me! Click here to see it in March.
AND ... some leaves on other trees on campus have already begun to change color...that confirms that Fall is on the way, and guess what happens in the Fall??? A baby KATE!! We think we want to have a 4D ultrasound and are currently looking at places to go get one…We would love to see our Kate early since technology so nicely obliges.
Last night we went out to dinner with a young guy we met at the beach this past Saturday. This is quite a neat story actually as he says he feels God has called him here to Huntington Beach to start a beach volley ball ministry. It is an answer to our prayers...we need more soliders of the faith out in the sports world. We left feeling excited at what God is doing in his life and tried to encourage him as much as possible. Listening to him reminded us alot of how we were when we first moved here. He is freshly transplanted from the South and has some southern ways about him that will be met with some opposition and questioning here but he will figure it out soon and God will direct him. It was just neat to see the things we have learned about the culture and how much we have changed/evolved and taken on the theme of "when in Rome, do as the Romans do".
The beach is going really well actually, and we feel that more and more we are making headway in our friendships with the players. Michaels game is greatly improving as he has been able to play alot this summer and train throughout the week here on campus (we have an awesome sand court). I am the cheerleader for now but can't wait to "get back into the game". Please pray for God to draw people to himself.
Well, I am just rambling for now…so I better get back to reality.
1 comment:
Did you guys watch a lot of the beach volleyball games on the Olympics? Did you know any of the USA players? I think the women's team is from Huntington Beach. :)
Post a Comment