Wednesday, September 10

Lots of Happenings!

Life is going great here! It's so fun to see things come together for little Kate. God hears our prayers! And He answers! And each time...I'm still amazed. He does care about the small things.
My friend called me up the other day and had found/purchased a breast pump for me...such a blessing and huge burden lifted!

We also walked to a garage sale down the street on Sat. morning, where we found friends we had known in school. They didn't know we were expecting and wanted to give us all their baby stuff! I got a bouncy chair and some clothes and went home and got crafty! I re-covered the boy-ish looking chair with some flannel yellow fabric with stars I picked out from JoAnn's for $1.80 and now it looks just like new! We love it! I even ventured out to make little a little hang-y star and heart!

It vibrates and plays music...brilliant!

Also, last night, a huge miracle happened! We got our hands on (what seemed like) California's last Dutailier glider!! It's the thing I really really wanted for nursing- because it feels SO good on my spine! It's a neat story....Apparently the one we picked is on backorder for life and we weren't getting it! Turns out a store I called yesterday in West Covina had a floor model that broke the guy said, "we just got one in! I will hold it for you!" Later we found out that his manager yelled at him because it was the floor model replacement! But, we still got the chair! Yipee! God is so good!

Also, after picking up the chair, it was getting late and we grabbed a bite to eat. It was my first attempt at Chinese food in 7 1/2 months (it is usually my favorite but Kate has made me dislike even the smell!). I still read my fortune cookie just for fun- certainly not looking for divine wisdom but I like what it said. It read, "Children will play an important role in your life." I think God can speak to us through anything.

This weekend was a big weekend for us! We re-arranged all our furniture to fit Kate's little crib and changing table. Her wall is getting girlie already... The crib will go to the left of the dresser/changing table...


And this is up on the other wall. It was so fun to hang things up and makes it feel ever closer to meeting her!!..which by the way is only 10 weeks away, Lord's will!

Other happenings:
Michael planned a Bocce ball tournament at work, and it started last Wednesday. We are having such a nice time on our lunch breaks eating and playing bocce in the shade! Explaining the rules to all 36 players...


Jason's on our team, thankfully! Look at that roll!



Melrose and Karen, Bocee beauties.



And yes, even pregnant ladies can play too =)
Click here for more bocce pics: biolabocce.spaces.live.com


Hope to hear from you...leave a comment below so we can see who's reading! God bless!

4 comments:

amanda said...

that's wonderful on all the baby stuff that is coming together for kate. i know her nursery is going to be beautiful!! please let me know on anything else you guys need.. i still have plenty that i would love to send.
love you guys
amanda and damion

and me, too!!
aven

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Abby, I love that picture of you playing Bocce. It is such a good profile, and your little belly is looking wonderful. It is so nice to see the change since I can't see it in person. :) I hung up a family picture in my office today, and I've got a spot for Kate's picture, soon, too. 10 weeks???!!! Wo. This is great. I love her decorations - you are doing such a great job, and I know it helps with the wait. I love you so much, and I'll see you very soon!

Tracy said...

Woo hoo! Gotta love a bocce lunch tourney!

Anonymous said...

Praise God even for bouncy seats! I know He will meet all your needs just as He has met ours. Everything looks so girly! I love it!

Angie