Kate turned 2 over the weekend....
(Blowing out her candles but I think she was blowing out the right side of her mouth...)
The icing is the best part!
This year, watching her eat the cake and receive her (very few on purpose) presents... I was reminded of this verse from Matthew 7. "If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more then will your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask him!" (and yes, it actually has an exclaimation point in the bible)
I have now come to the understanding of why parents give the grand parties for their offspring, with face painters, pony rides, and blow up bounce houses. Why they shower their children with every toy imaginable. Although that is not our strategy they probably just want to see their child enjoy life. Just to see that smile on their face, gives us parents a great feeling of joy. That's how our God is. He loves us so much. He wants to give us good gifts if we would only ask him.
Well, we had a very small party with the Henigmans. It was really nice. God provided to us through their generosity a bed for Kate! Usually, I wouldn't "name gifts" given to my child, but this one was a total surprise and very exciting moment for us all.
Kate is a very blessed little girl. More pics on our website of the birthday week. (since we kinda celebrate the whole week-it's more fun that way)
Ok- on to the next topic on my blog agenda.
Savannah, my beauty numero dos. I know, it wasn't a surprise. Lately, it's like my blog has taken on a whole new purpose- to report the important events of my children to the world...when it's probablly only a handful of people who really care. But, it sure is fun...so I press on.
Viola! Or should I say, violet?
Savannah is so adorably cute that we cannot keep our lips off of her. She gets smothered in kisses from all of us all day long. Here is another video.
There are much more pics of this beaut on the website as well.
Also, here is a couple more videos.
I have to confess. Michael and I like rap music (the kind that glorifies God) and we were listening to Mary Mary in the car and when I looked back in the back seat this is what I saw.
And you will see on the website some pics of our "stay-cation" where we went to the beach 5 times in 9 days and Kate tried her hand (or should I say foot) at surfing. SJ slept and we lounged in the sun.
And Kate has been watching Veggie Tales with daddy and she loves this song by Madame Blueberry that was just so funny I had to post.
Today it is raining for like the first time in like 10 months(can you tell? I have a long post because it's cold and dreary outside). And, of course, we just washed our car =)
That's all for now...don't forget to check out the loads of pics on our website.
8 comments:
Well, I must say, this LONG blog was definitely worth the wait!!! I LOVED each video and the bed, and everything!!! LOVE YOU FOUR!!! LOVE MOM
LOVE the update! Will you email me the website? I want to see more pictures! :) I can't believe Kate is 2. I wish we could have had a little celebration with her too. Both girls are so adorable. I didn't say anything, but I loved on your last update with Kate singing hallelujah, praise ye the Lord. We really miss you and spending time together. Jane was just talking about "Kake" the other day. Love you!
I care! I care! Love your posts...keep them coming =) Much love, Auntie Ruth
These pictures are great!! Thanks for the encouragement to press on in my DTS studies. I need the encouragement and to learn to manage my time better. There's so much to do and so little time.
You all are an inspiration to us as well and we think of you often. You all have some beautiful little girls. May God continue to richly bless you!!
A few comments:
1. LOVE Kate's poses in orange dress and sandals.
2. Savannah is quite the little chatterbox- and love those big eyes.
3. OMGosh, Kate bobbing her head???
Closing her eyes??? HILARIOUS.
4. You guys are awesome parents and you all are blessed to have each other ;)
ABSOLUTELY LOVE the photo of Kate in her sun dress reclined back on the lawn. Beautiful! The rap video is indeed one of the greatest I've seen. I will say she's got rhythm and Levi kept saying "more, mommy, more" as I explained that was Kate and he was watching the video. Maybe they'll meet one day. :c)
And by the way....I care a lot about your blog :c) Makes me smile. If I got discouraged about the people that left comments on my blog...well I wouldn't have a blog since no one really leaves comments and now that I've stopped emailing people with photos I rarely get emails either. So don't get discouraged, those who love us will always keep up with our lives. Love you lots Abby.
Did you hear? Did you hear? We got plane tickets and we're coming to CA! I can't wait to see you each in November. This is going to be so awesome!!! I Looooooooove you each so much.
I just realized that Kate was singing the Blueberry song from the Veggie Tales video. I'm so blue hoo hoo blue hoo hoo blue hoo hoo hoooooo.
Ok, sorry, Veggie Tales are my favorite kid videos. Don't tell anyone, I might loose some "man points" ha ha.
Post a Comment