The kids are in bed sleeping soundly, and Michael has the flu- a real bad case. He has been hibernating since Tuesday, shaking like a dog and feverish, which finally broke. Hume trip was cancelled. Owell... it reminds me of another verse (I know, I'm on a role with the verses lately, but...hey)
"Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead you out to say, "If it is the Lord's will we will live and do this or that. As it is you brag and brag, all such boasting is evil." James 4
It's true! You think you are going to do such and such and God has other plans for us sometimes.
Well, I have been thinking lately of all the funny contradictions we have as parents for our children, and for now, I will begin to start my little list...
Don't spit out your milk, swallow it. BUT Spit out your toothpaste- don't swallow it!!
Don't bite your sister. BUT Take a bite of your food now!
Unzip your jammies! BUT Don't unzip your jacket!
Share your food. BUT Don't share your food with sister.
Stand on a stool. BUT Don't stand on a chair (that's the same height)
Pick up your food off the floor and eat it. BUT Don't eat off the resturant floor!
Color in a coloring book BUT Dont' color in other books.
There are so many more that I find myself thinking..."how is she ever going to learn?" But, I guess we all do! And I'll end with my favorite video of all time (forever and ever) and a cute quote I like.
No one will ever be able to sum it up like that... that is just classic.
And my quote for the day: "Cleaning the house while your children and still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." P Diller
BLESSINGS...
1 comment:
Sorry to hear Michael is sick and the cancellation of your trip- hope he feels better. Hope to see you guys soon... been praying for homes for all of us! ;)
Post a Comment