Tuesday, November 2

"What's that?"

Kate is in the "what's that?" mode. It's not overly difficult yet, where that is all she says, but she is really starting to get interested in the world around her.

Today, it was stop lights. " What's that?" And then after understanding, she began to tell me when I could go or when I should stop. "Red one! Another one! Green, go mom!"

But, what do you say when she asks about a lady's wheelchair? (really loudly in the craft store) Oh, you'll find out what you'll say, that's for sure....

It reminds me that the mental part of parenting is coming. I must be ready in my mind to ask good questions and answer hard ones.

It also reminds me of the verse, " But in your hearts, revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give a reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect. 1 Peter 3:15

Oh, I better go, the Jehovah's Witness ladies are knocking again...I really do have some ladies that keep coming by. But seriously- are we ready?

3 comments:

Dani said...

So funny! I've started hearing the "green, go!" thing too. :) You are so right about parenting changing at this stage in the game. It is great to hear your thoughts Abby. We miss you!

Shelley said...

Haha cute. Iteresting turn of events, especially with Savannah younger. I guess that's what Mom felt when you were 2 and 3? Love you.

The Dunns said...

I love it. Levi says "It's a" for either "what is it" or if he's going to tell you "it's a...." It is quite convenient that he doesn't say what is it, because we can pause momentarily and answer him quietly :c) Of course, he does challenge my ability to recognize construction equipment...I will say there have been some backhoe loaders called giant excavators and vice versa...I still don't think I know the difference. :c) Love you lots and hope you have a great week