Saturday, November 6

Crayons and Quilts

Kate tried to inhale crayons today...unbeknownst to us, which resulted with a pea-sized piece of red crayola crayon in her nostril- pretty far up there (past the free range picking area). We had to pull over (she was coloring the back seat- which okay, give me a break, I'm a first timer=)

Anyhoo, Michael saved the day with my bobby pin...we did the dirty work in some random person's yard...and I'm pretty sure that they didn't want to get involved even if they did see us out their front window. Two adults hovering over a concerned, sneezing toddler laying mid-air with a bobby pin sticking out her nose. Yep, that's skill folks. Fishing crayons with a hair pin. Nice work husband.

And, some pics to let you know what is going on in our household...
just a little inspiration that I'm finding for my redecorating project. Thanks to my friend, Lindsay- who is great with colors and fabrics.

Let your eyes dance with the colors...(these are not my handiwork...just pics I've found for ideas I am considering with new fabrics I am finding online)...possibly taking up a new hobby??

Summer Songbird blanket

Drawing Room Tablerunner

Drawing Room Patchwork

Alexis Random Patch & Minky Blanket

Quilting...but not your standard every square looks the same quilt. In fact, I don't want any one to have the same dimension, or at least not having a pattern. I HATE PATTERNS. I don't use them on my clothes, bags, or any other sewing projects...I want to make my own design- it's a creative outlet.

So, we'll see what kind of things we can come up with. Stay tuned.

PS Can you tell I've been home with a sick husband and 2 children all week?? Hee hee!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Abby! These are BEAUTIFUL! Go for it. Maybe you can teach me how to quilt? LOVE SKP