Wednesday, May 28

sToRieS

14 weeks

I've found that so far, being pregnant is like having a big beautifully wrapped present with a large red bow strapped to your waist. You can touch it, people talk about it (and touch it if they feel brave enough), but you cannot open the gift until the right time comes.

This morning while we were getting ready for work, Michael and I were discussing this matter. If we are this excited to tell our families about this special gift...I can't imagine how God must have felt before Jesus was born to the world. What a surprise gift! What excitement!

The apprehension will hopefully not get the best of me, as I have a very very long way to wait. BUT on the other hand, in 6 very short months our lives will be changed forever. We are desperately trying to cherish these moments alone together while relishing in the excitement and newness this gift brings to our marriage.

It is by far the sweetest time together we feel we have had. Everything feels so alive and good right now. Even if we argue, it just doesn't feel worth the breath. We are very in tune to one another right now and Michael is being very sensative to me, even more than usual. We laugh alot and it is just plain ol' joy all around. I think he thinks I'm more attractive while pregnant. Some say it's a glow.

Its funny because about 4 weeks along, before I knew I was expecting, I went into my friend, Amy's office, to chat. I asked her "do you ever just get these surges of energy and intense joy for no reason at all?" I think she thought I was strange at first, but I was trying my best to explain how I was at my desk just feeling joyous from deep within. Now I know what that was all about. I was pregnant and didn't even know it!!

Then about 2 weeks ago I was sitting at my desk, and I was working on some paperwork when I began to hum. I didn't notice it at first, but after awhile, I realized I was HUMMING A LULLABY! I wasn't even thinking about the baby at that particular moment and haven't heard the song on my mind for years. It happened again just the oher day while I was drying my hair. I began to hum that same song, not even thinking about it!

I do believe that God is preparing me for what's ahead, at least that's what I'd like to think!