Monday, May 19

The Plan

So, we've made it to week 13. The chances of miscarrying the baby have significantly dropped and by now most everyone in CA knows about our little treasure. The only people that don't know our little secret are our Friends and Family back home! We have always wanted to give my parents the joy of finding out they will be grandparents in person, not over the phone or email. Too impersonal. I want to see their faces light up with joy. I want to tell my sister she's going to be an auntie and my brother, he's an uncle.

Fam, I hope you guys will forgive us that you are the last ones to know, but I am showing now and can't keep this a secret from those that see me day to day! It will be worth it in the end, I promise.

Our plan of revealing to the family: On June 6th Abby's family is going camping in Tennessee with a bunch of friends from church. We have been saving our airline reward miles for this moment! We bought the tickets like 4 weeks ago. So, we will fly in on a red eye flight Thursday night and get in Friday mid morning. We will rent a car and drive to Shelley's office then to the campground where hopefully find the family. Michael had the idea to get a park ranger involved. We will have some type of letter written up with "new rules and campground regulations" for the ranger to read to them. As the ranger reads the last rule, he will say something along the lines that the Longs will be grandparents in November. As they are figuring out the "news" we will walk out from behind our hiding spot video taping as they see us. It will be a very big surprise if all goes as planned, but if not, at the end of the day, we still show up and surprise them and give them the news. The details are trivial. I am really getting excited for that moment, although I have been waiting so long already. My sis has to work that day so she comes that night. I have asked the Lord to intervene and have her there early as well so it can be a family affair, but if not, she will just get a surprise when she arrives!


The second trimester is really so much more smooth. Some days I don't even feel pregnant, I guess that's because so far I've equated it with nausea and sickness! It's been really fun to celebrate with friends from work.



The WORK REVEAL
_________________________________________________________________
I announced the surprise at an icecream party that I had for the office. I had a girl hand deliver an envelope to my boss during the party that read, Urgent message for Wayne Chute to be announced at the icecream party" and everyone was like, "open it, what does it say??"
He opened it and inside I had a yellow slip of paper that said "COMING SOON, BABY CLARK, THANKSGIVING 2008".

Everyone was stunned for a couple of seconds while it dawned on them and then hugs and tears all around. It was a fun moment.


Wayne and I...Wayne, I think the ultrasound is upside down!


The ladies looking at the picture of the baby!



Celebrations all around....

I can't tell you the release it has been on me mentally and physically to share our news. I think I feel better from just not having to hide it anymore! It will really be a release to tell the others back home...