Monday, June 23

Sumo Wrestler and Other Mumblings




This weekend was just plain hot. We had fun though, we were at the beach on Saturday and it was so nice. The water was so clear and warm.

Yesterday, after church, Michael and I went to Babies R Us again at another attempt to Register (after getting some flack from a girlfriend about having only 3 items listed..you know who you are!!). Ok, so we spent one hour the first time and barely scanned anything! When I walk in, I feel like I am about to begin a research project. If you've been there to register, you know what I mean.

I still felt overwhelmed but we did much better this time, we weren't tired or hungry so we got alot more done! It was almost fun, almost... There is just so many things I didn't know about...and so many questions I have. Do you get a baby monitor now or later? Will we use a pacifiers? What kinds of shampoo should we get (you can't even smell them because they are sealed) so I hope I like the ones we picked! Yellow is my favorite color, but if I dress my baby in all yellow will people constantly be asking if my child is a boy or girl? These are some of the funny things I began to focus on.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. You see, I am feeling the pull of two worlds, and definatley feeling the friction. If we were in Africa, I'd be blessed to have a blanket and I surely wouldn't care what color it was. We are so fortunate, so blessed. We can choose the color, size, smell, and softness of things we like so we can induldge our eyes and our senses.

Lord, help me to stay focused on what really matters. Help us not only to spend this time anticipating the practical needs but to tend to the heart issues as well. We want to be good parents that honor you!

I liked this cartoon above because it's perfect for the timing of my size. Some friends of mine have so graciously allowed me to borrow their cute clothes, but I am still not yet big enough for their maternity stuff and a little too big for my own. I have gained 10 pounds or so the scale yelled at me this morning. My swimming was so so this morning and I can definately begin to feel the strains on my poor spine =)I got this really cool pregnancy support belt yesterday at Babies R Us and I totally feel like a sumo wrestler when I get it all on and geared up but it really helps!

I had a dream last night that I was on a track team (like highschool) and I was going to run my 100 meter sprint and I couldn't because I was so big. It was like the people were scoffing at me...how funny our brain works...

So, needless to say, I had a laugh this morning when the best swimmer I've ever seen got in the lane beside me in the pool. She is so graceful and stong and she's had years of experience. I have to tell myself to quit staring! Then, there's me, in the next lane over, in my new prego suit, mind you (yes, I've officially outgrown my sheek TYR suit). I feel like a whale wallowing through the water...I am so slow. This is just so humbling and great for me! God is yet slowing me down in another manner.


Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I really loved this post. You have a beautiful heart. I like how you are allowing the Lord to help you keep things in perspective.

Love and hugs!

michael and abby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

abby! how are you feeling? how's the baby? you find out a week from tomorrow boy
or girl!!! woo hoo little clarkie, i can't wait to meet you!
i love you blog entries lately. you handle your pregnancy with such a graceful humor. funny, sweet, and totally dependent on the Lord. i love you so much. can't wait to talk to you soon, dear abby. all my love,
~ shell ~