Wednesday, June 11

Surprise Visit to TN!!


We just got home last night from a surprise visit to the family (Abby's) on their summer camping trip and so now the news is finally out!!

My parents didn't know we were coming, much less that they were just about to find out they are going to be first time grandparents! It was a double whammy surprise (just keepin' things spicy for them!!).


See this post (third paragraph) for more details about the surprise.


Everything went just as planned, even better actually, it was awesome! We decided to go straight from the airport to Shelley's office to surprise her first. She was so shocked just to see us there that she didn't hear me call her Auntie Shelley. She was crying and blubbering about us just being here, but then I told her I was having a baby! Well that just brought more tears and laughter and blubbering questions..she was shocked to say the least (I will post the video as soon as I get a chance!) It's hilariously sweet!

Surprising "Auntie Shelley" at work on Friday morning.....







Here we are with "Auntie Shelley".


Then, we all 3 drove over to the campground together to surprise the fam. Everything was awesome. We had printed a "script" for the park ranger to read to the group. It was a list of rules, we told her to sound very formal and serious as she read. As she got toward the end, she said, "And lastly, these rules are very important, but I really came here today to congratulate Rusty and Terry Long, because you will be grandparents in November!"

Here we are sneaking around the woods to the site... (Shelley was video taping).


As we came around the corner, every one screamed and laughed and cried. It was quite a scene.



Not very good pics of the moment, but the video is coming out soon!!


Mom (or should I say Grandma) and me!! Mom is crying, I am loving every second of the shock factor!!



Is this the face of a proud grandpa or what?

Words can't describe the shock on their faces, and money can't buy that kind of joy. It was unforgettable.

There are MUCH more pictures from the trip posted here:


Michael rubs and pats the baby belly all the time....

He thinks my belly button is a microphone...so he talks into it and says, "Is this thing on?"

He's a goofball!!




I am 16 1/2 weeks today!! Hooray!




3 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm so glad that your surprise was such a hit! I'm also glad that I can finally leave you a comment here!

Love you and so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

This was the best shock ever! I am so happy that God has given you two your first baby, and I can't wait to visit you in November! I love you both so much - thanks for making it so special for us, too!

Bethany said...

Hey! I know I haven't seen you in ages, but I ran into Michael today at work and it just reminded me how much I miss you! :) I hope you and your little girls are doing well. Michael showed me pictures of you and your little ones on your blog today and I was on my blog (which is a poor, sad, dilapidated thing) and thought I'd do a little blog hopping. I got to this point and I gotta tell you, I'm crying over here on this end even though I don't know your family at all. What a special thing for you to do to surprise them. Makes me think I might just use this idea myself when the time comes. What fun is it to tell them over the phone, ya know? :) Not that the time is super soon, but just thinkin' ahead. :) I actually just found out my little sister is pregnant a couple of weeks ago! That will be the first little one for my side of the family. :) So exciting!
Hope you're doing well! Hope to see you soon! :)