Tuesday, July 29

First Earthquake!!

We've lived here for 6 years in November and maybe I am weird but I sort of kinda wanted to be in a little earthquake- just for the experience, and today was my first one! Let's just say that it wasn't all I thought it would be- SO SCARY!!

Pictures were falling off the walls, plants falling over, etc. It was a 5.8 and the epicenter was about 30 miles away.

Good thing a good friend came to my rescue and lead me out the door because I was frozen in fear. I think I would've enjoyed it much more if I wasn't pregnant, because I kept saying while scrambling out of the building...I just want to have my baby! I don't want to die today!!

Afterwards I nearly fainted, my knees were buckling and darkness was setting in. After sitting down outside, things cleared up and reality hit. I wasn't going to die today and Lord's will, I will live to see my baby!...of course, there is always is that high 24 hour aftershock risk.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Hi Abby! I DID feel the earthquake today, and it scared the doody out of me! My heart was beating so fast! It was my first earthquake, too. I was in La Mirada at a dressing room at SAVERS. As the earth was moving under my feet, I heard things crashing down off of the shelves. Everyone ran outside, and there I was half dressed in the dressing room!

Thankfully, the Lord kept us safe!

I'm glad you're calmer. God will protect you and your baby.

Anonymous said...

Herb and I have been thinking about you. Glad all is ok now. I am sure it was scary.
We love keep up with you through your blog.
Mary