Friday, July 25

My Re-Birth Day


Today is a special day for me (Abby) because it is 13 years ago today at Beach camp that I felt that God was calling me to live my life for Him completely and decided to give my life to Him in all things. It was an important moment for me. I had accepted Christ into my life at the age of 7 at church, and was coming into an understanding of what that looked like as I grew, but that year at Beach camp was the first time that I really came to understand the calling of all of me to Christ. To be reconciled.

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.
2 Corinthians 5:20


It has been a wonderful 13 years in the Lord. The things I have learned are invaluable and the gifts that God has brought into my life are far too numerous to recount! I am not perfect, not even nearly, but I know that He who has begun a good work in me will be faithful to complete it. I press on toward the goal , forgetting what is behind, all my mistakes and failures, and I move toward the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

More to the story: This same summer, a man in Florida was being awakened in his spirit to the call of God on his life as well. Michael was 21 and going through the same experiences as I was at the very same time! It was really neat when we discovered this about our stories years later.

Press on!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

I love synchronistic stories like that--especially when you can trace God's hand at work in your pasts. Very cool.