
Mom and Carson came out to CA for the week, thanks to my persistent and ever faithful husband who found a great ticket deal for them online, and we headed up to Hume Lake Christian Camps for the Fourth of July weekend. Tim and Debbie graciously allow us to overtake their cabin and I think this year there were 14 people at one point! It was such a sweet time of hanging out with Mom and Carson. Hume is a beautiful place and I don't think we stopped adventuring the whole time, but everything we did was just so fun and amazing....as always.
Michael turned 33, so we celebrated his birthday as well as Carson, Debbie, John and Mike Henigman!
We participated in the parade again this year, and Uncle John brought all the glow sticks again for us to play with (no fireworks in the National Forest).With a long exposure we've mastered the art and Rob coined the phrase of "Light Writing".
Later on, Mom, Jess, and I made Anita's peach pie.
The next day we went on a short hike in Kings Canyon complete with picnic and exploration through the woods and down the stream (for the brave soles that dared cross the current). Michael, Tim, Carson and Jake jumped off the rocks. 
Kings Canyon was such a treat- I really didn't expect it to be so rugged and drastic. I personally found it far more enjoyable and breathtaking than say, the Grand Canyon. The pictures could not do it justice, so just imagine heavenly.
Tim said it is the deepest canyon in the US. Here's a pic I got out the window of the moving truck (not the best but at least you get the idea).
A couple of nights we went to the top of the mountain called Inspiration Point, and saw some huge shooting stars, that was really special. We ate lots of good food, played fun games and laughed tons. The Henigmans are hard company to beat and it was so nice to introduce Carson to them.
Now, we just have to get dad out here and the whole fam will have experienced Hume.MORE PICS FROM THIS TRIP ARE HERE --->
Kate Update:
This little girl has been keeping me entertained and I can't stop thinking about her. She's the first thing on my mind when I get out of bed. Of course, that's partly because she's attached to me, but also because we are both getting larger by the minute! She is like a kick boxer! She is accruing some very nice things already. Debbie got her a little Hume Lake onsie (thanks Deb!)On Tuesday after getting back from Hume, Michael took CJ to Disney and mom and I went to Babies R Us to work on the registry again. What a task! Dangerous grounds for a new grandma and first time mom. We did pretty well though, just got a few staple outfits, and tidied up the list of "needs". Thanks mom! We are getting so spoiled already.
Babies do need a lot of stuff, but again, we are desperately trying to keep it simple and not get too carried away. It's so fun to see all the cute outfits these designers come up with, you can totally get suckered in =). After 4 hours, (we had to pack in our time together and maximize!!) we needed a break, so we headed to dinner. We had Italian and I walked away with my boxed left overs still on the table, I am still not over it. My preggie brain is getting worse I'm afraid.
God is so good. Let me just give some praise and glory to the King, Savior, our provider and Lord. His works are wondrous, His love unexplainable. When you experience Him- there are no limits to the newness He brings. The scales are dropped from your eyes and life is different and new. Life has purpose and meaning and you have freedom. When the Lord is Lord of your life, you are not perfect, but you live abundantly, even in the hard times. We have some amazing examples of this in our lives and we are blessed beyond measure. People who love because He first loved- people who pour out their lives for Him. Thank you Jesus for the friendships, and family you have given to us. We are so undeserving yet you chose us.

Huntington Beach pier- July 2008


3 comments:
I miss you guys so much and wish I could have been there, too! I love you writing Abz, I feel like I was there this time, too. I love you, Clarkies!
Sweet post, Abby. Your vacation sounds like it was wonderful. Thank you for the wonderful reminder of our Lord's renewing love.
AHHH, Abby! I miss you my dear friend. I am so excited for your baby girl!! How precious! You guys are going to be great parents. Love and miss ya!
Post a Comment