
Andes Mint Chocolate Cookies
*Allow for chill time, see below.
3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
3 boxes of Andes mint candies
Heat oven to 350°F. Over low heat, combine butter, sugar and water. Heat until melted and add chocolate chips until partly melted. Remove from heat and stir. Pour into large mixing bowl. Let stand 10 minutes to cool slightly.Beat in eggs one at a time on high speed. Reduce mixer to low speed and add flour, salt and baking soda. Beat until well-blended. Chill 1 hour (dough can be very greasy/liquid before chilling but hardens and is easy to shape after chilling).
*Roll into balls, place two inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Place an Andes Mint on top. Swirl with a spoon.
Indulge.

So I was sitting in my bosses office for a meeting with some students and he was talking to me very intently about a procedure I needed to perform for their records. I was looking at him and thinking to myself, "Abby listen to what he is saying!" But, Kate was kicking away inside me and I was sort of smirking and couldn't concentrate! Luckily he didn't ask and I was semi aware of what he needed from me. It's just so funny to feel her at these random moments, especially when I'm supposed to be working.
This is what my pregnancy email informs me about Kate's development this week:
Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long -the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.
That's just so neat.
2 comments:
That is so cool about Kate! Keep growing little girl! We can't wait to see you!
And... wouldn't you just know it? I've got Andes mints at work today, and you'd better believe I'll be trying that recipe. Mint chocolate lovers - unite! Ha ha. Love yall.
Those cookies look delish!
Fun to hear about Kate's development, too!
Post a Comment