Wednesday, July 23

Letting Go

Last night I talked to a friend that has recently moved away. We got into a discussion about how we go about change in our Christian walk- practically speaking. We ask ourselves at certain moments...so how do I REALLY really let God have control of this weakness or a particular area in my life?

I know we have some part in this sanctification process but it cannot be fully happening within our own strength. I know we are commanded to participate in certain behaviors and refrain from others, but do you ever feel like there is just something that you don't practically know how to change in your life? No matter what you try, you really can't figure out how to shake it? Anger, thought patterns of fear or worry....just keep reoccurring....

As it were, the lesson today from good old Oswald (click here to read) enlightened me to the fact that "sanctification is an impartation, not an imitation."

Whew! That takes such a load off! It is a process as well and we are not doing it in and of ourselves. It's "letting the perfect qualities of Jesus exhibit themselves in my human flesh. Sanctification is "Christ in you . . ." ( Colossians 1:27 ). It is His wonderful life that is imparted to me in sanctification— imparted by faith as a sovereign gift of God’s grace." (Oswald again)

But of Him you are in Christ Jesus, who became for us . . . sanctification . . . —1 Corinthians 1:30

Just sharing what God gave me today. What do you think?

On to other matters, like playing with Kate =)
Lately, I've been noticing some similar patterns in Kate's movement. I think she gives high fives! Last night before bed (when she is most active) I was poking my belly and she'd poke right back in the same spot I pushed on! Today I was pushing on my abdomen and she kicked me 5 times in a row on my 4 fingers in the same spot! I probably would've just heard this before and thought, aw...what a coincidence. Coincidence, I think not!

Also, if I haven't felt her kick for awhile, I will get Michael to come and talk to her. When he puts his mouth right near my stomach and talks to her he always says the same things and we definitely believe she knows his voice because she will start moving! Not always right away but within a few seconds. It's so fun.

Yesterday was my 22 week appt. and we got to hear the heartbeat again, it was so exhilarating. I know this makes perfect sense, but I just wasn't expecting it to be so much stronger and louder. She is one pound already!

More updates to come...
are you there? Leave a comment! We love to hear from you.
Blessings friends and family!!!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Glad little Kate is healthy and energetic! She'll need lots of energy to keep up with her mommy and daddy.

Cam & J said...

it was soo good to talk last night. Thanks for being a great friend and living life with me. Love you!!