The water was 67 degrees with a 15-20 foot visabilty.
It was so clean and clear.Here's a picture below of the La Jolla cove. I highly recommend this to anyone nearby...it's one of those must see's of CA!

Here's a proud Michael of his new snorkel gear (he got for his birthday! Thanks mom!)
We saw a whale actually on our trip (ok, ok, so it looked like a whale. Ok, it was me =) ha ha!!

.jpg)
We brought our picnic lunch as usual and sat on the grass at the park above the cove before "going under" in the aquarium of the ocean below.

Someone had just gotten married here- it was so purty.
The shoreline is just beautiful for walking after a nice day in the sun and water. In the later afternoon, we went up the street to the shopping area for dinner and a coffee together. We needed to have some one on one time, and this weekend was just what the doctor ordered! Just to be enjoying one another alone (as we squeezed each other's hand at EVERY stroller and baby and family that walked by thinking...that's us in a couple months!! AHHH!~)Thanks Love for this wonderful weekend!
Also, I wanted to post a picture of the special quilt I recieved from my mom when she came out to visit last weekend. This quilt belonged to my dad and his family, we don't know what year it was made unfortunately, but mom wanted me to have it. I was so excited, because as you can see, it's YELLOW my favorite color. I hope Kate likes yellow.... =)
I love all the old fashioned patterns of checks, floral and solids. The backing is a yellow fabric with little boys and girls on it, it's so cute and babyish! It's also very antique looking in person, so that goes with my stilo. Thank you mom, this is so special to me. I will take very good care of it and hopefully pass it on down the line to my kiddies too!
Today I got a really sweet email from a special friend that I haven't seen for years, but stay connected to via email. I just love technology! Her email encouraged me so much.
I am so grateful for the friends God has placed in my life who lift me up with words of love along life's journey. I'm so glad I'm a part of the family of God. Aren't you?
3 comments:
What a great weekend! I didn't know there was good snorkeling in La Jolla. Did you guys wear wet suits? I would have frozen without one!
Hubs and I got engaged in La Jolla...a very special place for us, too. I have snorkeling gear, so maybe we should check out the snorkelling!
Ha ha ha wow! Look out for those whales! That quilt is so awesome! I didn't know mom had that - how special. Love you, Kate!
i can't stop looking at these pictures of la jolla! that was the most beautiful place we went while i was there!
Post a Comment