Monday, July 21

Lots of Praises!!

We have so many praises! They sort of seem small in the grand scheme, but I think we should count all our blessings! Plus, that's what life is all about! Being thankful in the small things, because maybe in the long run, they aren't that small after all??


Firstly, it has been an awesome 2 weekends in a row for us. We have had some nice down time, just exploring around our area, walking and talking together, going on dates and small dinners.
My round ligament pain is already completely gone after just one week! Praise God!


Well, Saturday we wanted to explore a new place again, so we went to Chrystal Cove, because Michael found some cottages there he is interested in vacationing at next year. It is a state park, so there was plenty there to look at. We saw so many dolphins from one of the look-outs on the cliffs.



Later, after a picnic lunch we went on down to the sand and fell fast asleep listening to the crashing waves onto the rocks. It was mostly a deserted beach l( I know hat you are thinking, but I guess if you look hard enough, they still exsist in California)!




Ok, so then guess what? A friend gave us some bedding from Pottery Barn! We are so excited...it's so pretty and not too pink!! It goes perfectly with my pale yellow theme =)



This is the bumper and below is the quilt.



Thanks Holl Doll!! You are such a thoughtful friend!



Now that I had the colors of the crib bedding, I wanted to make something more personalized for the wall. I had seen some ideas online, so my mind was racing. After church, Michael actually went with me to the craft store and helped me pick out the stuff (that is a miracle, because the craft store isn't his more favorite place in the whole world, even if it is has the same name as him =)




Here's what we found: a little wooden board and some letters- and these cute $.50 flower holders. A lady walking by gave us a coupon, so it was all on sale! I love a deal- another blessing!


The sign turned out really cute.

Here are the flowers and a little frame for a photo of her!- awww.

I also made a nursing cover with some fabric I had been saving. I bought it some time ago because I liked it so much, but I never guessed what I would eventually be using it for my own daughter!




Then, we made some brownies for our BBQ tonight, but we had to have a few just out of the oven. OOOH so yummy! Kate thought so too apparently because she basically kicked me all night long off and on. =)

Crafts are such a great outlet for me. I just love to create!! I can't wait to see it all come together.
Thanks for reading this (extensively boring) post.

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow! Your craft project turned out brilliantly! I LOVE THEM!!!

You rock!

See you tonight at the BBQ!

Tracy said...

I had fun last night. Sorry we had to take off in such a hurry!

Anonymous said...

A poem for your 2nd trimester:
Oh my sister Abby,
You are so very crafty.
Even when your pregnant,
You make a wall ornament.
I was going to paint Kate's name,
But it's probably best you did.
It just wouldn't be the same
hangin over her crib.
I guess I'll buy a blankie
or a little lamb named Winky.
It won't matter what I bought her,
Dear Date, your little daughter,
Cuz even though I'm not a poet,
I know that she'll outgrow it.
Love is the best give of all.
Baby Kate Elise Clark - coming this fall!
Love, Auntie Shelley

michael and abby said...

Shelley,
You crack me up! You are so funny...I love all your comments. You are the best auntie ever!

Anonymous said...

Best Auntie? I don't know about that... I spelled my little neice's name Date. No no no... She is simply Kate, never anyone's date, or they'll have to reckon with me first... Okay, maybe someday, but I'm talkin 20 years... Let's not go there yet.