It's been a long 3 weeks, and I am wondering how I will make it through 4 more of sworn secrecy! The "morning" sickness is so inappropriately named! I mean give credit where credit is due...it can go very well from morning to afternoon, and on into the evening! Very very fun. Gum is my new best friend. Thanks mom, for enduring this during your pregnancy for me!
The times I do feel good are such a blessing, for Michael too I know, and we spend them wisely. We went out to Cheesecake Factory in Irvine on Wednesday and sat in our favorite spot on the patio. Then, we went to Barnes and Noble and looked at the baby name books.... The names we love weren't found in a book though.
They have been picked out for years already. For a boy, we like: Josiah Michael Clark, And for a girl: Kate Elise Clark.
Stories behind the names:
Josiah comes from the Old Testament and is originated from Hebrew meaning "Jehovah helps". He was a good king and the bible says in 2nd Kings 23 " Neither before nor after Josiah was there a king like him who turned to the LORD as he did—with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his strength..." What a faithful follower of God!
Another story about this name is :One day we were in TN with the fam at Dollywood ( our little hometown amusement park) and we were talking about baby names. I decided I loved Josiah years ago and it's the only boys name that Michael really gets excited about. So, we were walking along and turn the corner and there is this 4 foot sign on the fence that displayed in huge letters "Josiah Michael Clark" on it...moments after we've been talking about the name Josiah. My mom said, "Abby, look!" From then on, it was settled. The sign was telling about the conductor of the first train that was built in the park....very very cool. Yep that's right... the middle name is after my sweet hus- the greatest man I've ever met.
Kate is the only girls name that we both love. We have some dear friends who's child is named Kate, who we adore. And the middle name is after a very dear friend of mine...Helen Elise Anderson Woolsey. Ever since she told me her middle name in highschool, I've tucked it away in my mind thinking of how beautiful it sounds when you say it. Elise. Elise.... Elise.... I love it!
So there you have it. Disclaimer: I am sure all of this is subject to change at any given hormonal moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment