Friday, April 4

Pregnancy Tales

Goodwill=Good Deal! Right after we found out, we went to Goodwill to see if some nice person had chosen to recycle that infamous book "What to Expect When You Are Expecting". As God would have it, the regularly $15 book was there on the shelf and only $3 what a steal! So, I am sure you will see me refer to the "book" alot because it has really been invaluable these past few weeks. We also found another really neat photo book that gives you colored pics of the baby in the womb in each stage of development. Each night, I can hardly wait to get home and put my nose in these books. We read about how the embryo is developing each week.


Sickness and Food: I am SOOO thankful that I don't suffer with severe morning sickness. I've had the occasional bouts with a queasy , unsettled stomach where the very thought of food in general makes me nauseated. Certain foods that I loved now completely gross me out! Even if I think about eggs I want to gag...excuse me... and food doesn't interest me in the least. I only eat because I know I have to. That's quite a change for a girl who thinks every meal is a grand event! But the mac daddy of things that NO ONE EVER TOLD ME, is that you aren't supposed to have chocolate and you are supposed to cut sugars out totally. WHAT in the world am I supposed to do for the next 7.5 months? It's been a long 2 weeks folks... a long 2 weeks. That and the secret keeping is enough to make me go insane. =)

Mood swings and other things: I know that Michael will nod a big yes to the fact that I have been 'slightly' experiencing moodiness. Sorry hunny bunny!

I also have these weird little stretch feelings inside my abdomen and also in the back by my pelvis, but the "book" says that I am just growing in there making room for the little baby.
We look forward to finding out whether the baby is a boy or girl, and we already have our names picked out!!

Us? Parents? Wow, the thought is to overwhelming to imagine. I think it is best that we take it day by day because there are lots of details that must be discussed and necessities that must be combed over. Today, I just relax, it's Friday and we have a nice weekend ahead. Me, I'll spend alot of it in my mind, pondering, smiling and imagining what our little one will look like.

No comments: