We've known about our "Little Surprise" for about 2 weeks now and the excitement is growing as it becomes more of a reality. It is difficult to grasp that life as we know it is about to turn UPSIDE DOWN!! (in a good way though=) Come little one come! We feel very ready for this next step, but the excitement is mixed with what I hope are normal feelings of inadequacy and trepidation.
Yesterday was our first real Pre-natal doctor's appt, which is why this is sinking in more with each new development. It was such a miracle to see our little baby on the ultrasound screen. It was so surreal! No one can define the emotions that arise in your chest when this faith (that there is baby), becomes sight.
Proud parents to be!
Michael really likes my doctor, so that brought a special level of comfort. She's very competent, and professional, and she gave us plenty of time to ask all our questions, which also brought a great deal of reassurance. I slept a lot better last night, just knowing that all is progressing normally according to health care professionals.
Ultimately, God holds our little one in His hands and each day He is meticulously and miraculously fashioning and forming it's little body according to His good purpose and plan. This brings comfort.
I take great delight in the verses of Psalm 139:
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!
We already can't wait to meet this child that God has given to us.
Here's a pic- I am somewhere around 6 weeks! Already a pudgy pudge forming!

No comments:
Post a Comment